BIG Sing SOUL CHARITY Online Music Resources for Schools
We are soooo excited to announce the launch of our NEW online music resources to safely get your children back to singing, in line with Gov guidelines. The fantastic news is we have been given a grant from the Government Culture Recovery Fund via the Arts Council which will enable us to develop not 1 but 8 videos for you all for FREE!
In the last 3 years The BIG Sing SOUL Charity have been sending professional singing tutors into schools to teach over 5,000 children positive, motivational and uplifting songs. Teachers and parents have been amazed at how the children’s confidence has grown as a result of our workshops! Now more than ever we need to provide supporting tools to improve the well-being of our children so please read on.
- 8 x 30 minute YouTube videos led by the BIG Sing tutors with popular current songs like ‘Sunday Best’ by Surfaces, the children will love it! We’ve got Greatest Showman, Blame it on the boogie, Michael Jackson Medley and much more; we’ve even developed one with Makaton.
- Each video comes with lesson outline, warm ups, lyrics and sound track.
- Flexible to use when you want, where you want, across the whole school in group size of your choice and a product to keep year after year.
- Fun, on trend and motivational, some are original, others are inspirational songs created by our own songwriter.
- Suitable for all Primary School Children.
Deliver in school (We’ve got secure links to send sound tracks to parents too so if the singing element is restricted in your school they can practice at home. You will still be able to teach the dance moves, actions, Makaton and Body Percussion in school.
In due course when restrictions are lifted we aim to host a concert so the children can perform together what they have learnt to their families, friends and the wider community – how exciting will that be!
Complete this expression of interest form below but hurry as funding is limited. We aim to have the first song ready this month.
You will need the following information at the ready to complete the form it saves automatically and you can return to update it if need be:
- Full school address
- School Lead Contact name and email
- A short sentence on why you are applying for the resources
The BIG Sing is the dream that we have created together
Uniting communities with uplifting and motivating music, inspired by gospel music and teaching. The BIG Sing is more than a choir; we are a ‘family’. So many members have found the choir to help them through loneliness, depression, grief, illness and have given them two hours a week to find ‘them’ again.
The choirs have been growing from strength to strength in number and ability, showing the members that together we CAN achieve greatness.
We are now taking The BIG Sing to the next level and have set up our own charity so that our choir members can help make a difference and take what they’ve experienced to people who can’t come to us. The charity is called ‘The BIG Sing SOUL’ and SOUL stands for ‘Singing, Outreach, Unity, and Love’. We have collectively raised over £35,000 to enable our projects to begin. The charity focuses on three target audiences in areas where we have already established BIG Sing Community choirs – Schools, Disabled Groups and Hospital choirs for cancer patients and their families.