We are working hard to make sure that rehearsal is a safe environment for us to sing so please make sure you help us by following these guidelines:
1) Please book online – we have eliminated cash right now to stop unnecessary contact and reduce the spread with money. Most businesses have adopted this so we appreciate your understanding. If you have problems booking online then please email BERNIE who will help find a solution.
2) We are still a pay as you go choir, but we are just asking that you sign up as soon as you can each week. This helps us when making sure we have enough of you to run choir rehearsal – if your choir has under 20 people then we really need your help with this – please talk to us and tell us if you are coming so we know we are able to cover costs.
3) Lyrics – we can’t give out paper right now as it’s another unnecessary contact that we can eliminate to reduce the spread. So please download your lyrics to your devices or print off at home. If you need help with this just email BERNIE. We also have choir members who can help at rehearsals so ask your tutors.
4) Please make sure you are sitting 1m apart when singing inside. We will make sure the chairs are set up correctly – but we need to still social distance when singing inside.
5) Please do not come to rehearsals if you are not feeling well or have signs of COVID – we kindly ask that you stay at home until you have tested negative.
6) Please note: Rehearsal bookings are non-transferable. So please only book when you know you can make it each week. Of course we will make exceptions for anyone who is ill with COVID or symptoms of COVID – just email Bernie to let her know.
7) If you are tested positive for COVID then please let us know straight away so we can evaluate the risk to any choir members.
8) Please continue to sanitise your hands on arrival to rehearsals.
9) We will continue to not have breaks during community choir rehearsals and run 7:30pm – 9pm with continuous singing. This reduces mingling inside. Please chat to each other outside at the end of rehearsals. Gospel Choir is a longer session so we will ask you to go outside for a ten min break while we air the room.
10) Please continue to respect that we all feel differently about personal touch and how close we stand to one another right now. Do what is right for you. Masks are completely optional. If at any time you feel uncomfortable please let your tutor know immediately.
11) When we perform together outside we do not need to stand 1m apart but we still ask for some space between each person if possible.
12) Microphones can only be shared if they are cleaned with antibacterial wipes between each person. Some tutors may not feel comfortable sharing their microphones yet so they may ask you to sing your solos in your seats.
Reviewed September 2021