Work For Us
Do you love uniting your community with music?
Are you great at teaching music to people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities?
If so, WE WANT YOU on our team!
We are looking for experienced Choir Directors to join The BIG Sing.
We get the community singing with our adult choirs, kids choirs, baby groups, corporate choirs, school workshops, and charity work with the disabled and in hospitals.
The BIG Sing Community Choir are working hard to show community singing at its best! The members are people from the local community who have a desire to sing. The BIG Sing gives them the opportunity to be taught by expert tutors, turning the choir into an amazing sound and giving them unique performance opportunities.
The BIG Sing have performed alongside some BIG names already including Ellie Goulding, Leah McFall (from BBC The Voice) Blake, London Community Gospel Choir, sung for Jamie Oliver and have toured with Leona Lewis. Our gospel choir were on TV as WINNERS of BBC Songs of Praise Gospel Choir of the Year Competition in 2017, and were also asked to sing for ITV’s X-Factor. Come and hear their pop, gospel and inspirational songs that will leaving you feeling happy and uplifted – you can even sing along! The BIG Sing is the dream that we have created together. Uniting communities with uplifting and motivating music, inspired by gospel music and teaching.
The BIG Sing is more than a choir; we are a ‘family’. So many members have found the choir to help them through loneliness, depression, grief, illness and have given them two hours a week to find ‘them’ again. The choirs have been growing from strength to strength in number and ability, showing the members that together we CAN achieve greatness. We are expanding and opening new choirs across Essex, London, Kent, Hertfordshire, Suffolk and the Midlands and we need experienced Choir Tutors to join our team.
- Experience with teaching choirs
- Great communication skills
- Your own transport
- Amp, iPod, and microphone
- A strong passion to teach music to the community
- Experience of teaching by ear
- You may be a keyboard player (this is desired but not essential)
Job Title: Charity Administrator
Reports to: The Charity Manager
Salary: £8 per hour
Hours: 8 hours a week (under review)
Location: Based from home (Essex, Kent, Suffolk, London, The Midlands)
Probationary Period: 6 months
This role is at the forefront of an ambitious and dynamic charity, directly engaging with clients and supporters to promote the benefits of singing to improve the lives of vulnerable children and adults in the community. The primary role is to project manage the workshops/performance opportunities.
Hours to be spread over 3 week days during school hours, ideally suited to someone with a home based office, though some collaborative working with the Charity Manager and meetings may incur occasional travelling.
- Market research
- Contacting consumers
- Collecting feedback
- Project management
- Managing client relationships
- Marketing activities on social media
- Administrative duties
- Working with schools and children or working in a charity is desirable but not essential
- Highly competent in project management juggling a number of projects simultaneously
- Extremely organised and can adapt easily to changes in priorities
- Confident in approaching new clients and able to promote our vision
- Self-motivated and has good initiative
- Good at problem solving striving to seek solutions than present a problem
- Copes working under pressure and able to manage their own time
- Able to handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel). A knowledge of Google Drive is an advantage
- Adept at using social media (Facebook) to promote the projects to multiple groups
- The ability to drive is an advantage