BIG Sing SOUL CHARITY
Online Music Resources for Schools
Thanks to a Culture Recovery Grant from The Arts Council England we are excited to bring you a range of FREE online YouTube videos to support teachers in all Primary Schools.
Led by expert tutors these resources provide a valuable tool to use in the classroom to teach singing, movement, body percussion and Makaton and come with ready made lesson plans and lyrics.
Teachers have been amazed at how the children’s confidence has grown as a result of these materials! Now more than ever we need to provide support to improve the well-being of our children so please watch the video to find out more,
If you want to know more before completing your application please contact me: email@example.com or call 07713-326851
- 30 minute YouTube videos led by the BIG Sing tutors with popular songs like ‘Sunday Best’ by Surfaces, the children will love it! We’ve got Greatest Showman, Blame it on the boogie, Michael Jackson Medley and much more.
- The resources include suggested actions, body percussion and some have Makaton.
- Each video comes with lesson outline, warm ups, lyrics and sound track.
- Flexible to use when you want, where you want, across the whole school in group size of your choice and a product to keep year after year.
- Songs which are fun, on trend and motivational, some are original, inspirational songs created by our own songwriter Howard Francis.
- Suitable for all Primary School Children.
Many schools tell us they are currently unable to make singing the priority it deserves – lack of funding, Covid-19 restrictions, lack of budget to buy in resources/skills, lack of time for lesson preparation – let us help you!
In today’s climate pop music is becoming darker with more and more lyrics about sex, materialism and greed. We use upbeat pop songs and write our own songs which have motivational and inspirational lyrics to get the children singing happy, positive messages.
Deliver in school (We’ve got secure links to send sound tracks to parents too so if the singing element is restricted in your school the children can practice at home. You will still be able to teach the dance moves, actions, Makaton and Body Percussion in school.
In due course when restrictions are lifted we aim to host a concert so the children can perform together what they have learnt to their families, friends and the wider community – how exciting will that be!
Click on the link at top of this page Apply, to express your interest.
You will need the following information at the ready to complete the form which saves automatically and you can return to update it if need be:
- Full school address
- School Lead Contact name and email
- A short sentence on why you are applying for the resources
Once we receive and verify your application is from a trusted source we will email you a secure link to select from the library of resources – there’s no limit to how many songs you download.
Listen to Song Preview Clips:
1. Sunday Best
by American group Surfaces, featuring moves and body percussion.
2. Better Tomorrow
an original song by BIG Sing Director Howard Francis and introduces Makaton.
by Katie Perry with moves to upbeat and catchy lyrics.
5. Let Love Shine
by IGospel featuring body percussion and introducing solo opportunities.
6. Go Ahead and Try
by IGospel featuring inspirational lyrics to believe you can do anything if you try.
7. Greatest Showman Medley
features 5 songs from the movies and encourages discussion around how children feel about the lyrics.
8. Michael Jackson Medley
features 3 songs from this popular artist along with moves and solo opportunities.